Monday, July 23, 2012

TechNerdTime: Samsung Galaxy vs Ipod touch

(Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0, picture from www.bargains.pk)

(iPod Touch, picture from techreviews.net)
Oh, by the way..I'm not the type of person to look into every little spec of the product. Technology has its flaws, and I'm not a Tech nerd either. But since many of you are reading this, I BET you already know both products' specs and memories..
So many Android users or Apple users debate on which is better or not. 

Quite frankly its your opinion on what's suitable for you. Personally, I like zeh sexy Galaxy. It's not simple, but its thing yet a little thick, and its screen resolution is AMAZING. I'd choose the Galaxy over iPod anyday, but the thing is.. why? Why wouldn't I get the 'hottest' operating system in the market right now?(Apple's OS.)
Well.. first is first. 

Style

Apple's menus are boring, hella boring to me.

(Picture from img.cubic.com)

Like what the hell is that? It's so plain and just.. for god sakes its practically two colors. (Though... we all know, there's black..there's white, .. there's light blue.. there's navy, don't get all smartassy here. Hahaha... ah..) 
With the Android infused Galaxy player, its smooth and dark yet it's simple, but not boring either. 
 (Picture from i.livemodding.com)
Everyone is raving about how fascinating the Apple's internal business goes in the product, but if you is mainly listening for music.. then ***** yo *** don't need an app for texting/calling. Even so, Android Marketplace has apps for that ****. But I don't get why you're getting a MUSIC player if you only want to get texting.

People nowadays just get Apple products just because it's popular. Are you ****** me? Seriously? Just because it's the number one in the market place you're just gonna buy yourself an expensive *** phone?

I'm just not an Apple fan, that's all. People ain't open minded these days, you have to search for the unknown to get better and that's how technology evolves these days. 
But anyway, back to the comparisons. 

I don't have either products, but I can guarantee you that I have done a ****load of research and even though I'm only stating opinions about the style, that's basically another reason why I'm getting the Galaxy. Its style and uniqueness. 

BUT. Yes, a lot of people do go to the Apple store and make their own apps-- which brings a lot of more free applications. 
Despite that being said, if you're buying a music player like me, and you just want to work out and jam.. 

What the hell am I gonna do with these applications? I mean, sure they're handy when you need them but its not like you absolutely need tons of them. Some that keep you occupied, like the Google Play Store, suffice for me personally.

260 songs, but a couple of game apps and Facebook for only 220 bucks? *****, I'm up for it.

Price

 
Recently as I've looked into the price differences, I've noticed that the iPod Touch 4th Generation (newest model.) has decreased its price. Before it was a little over 200 bucks, but now for the 8gb its 183.99 at Bestbuy.

Comparing that to the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0, the newest model as well, there's about a 35 dollar difference. Its 219 at Bestbuy. 

SO many people would be better off purchasing the iPod Touch, but let me tell you WHY the price is differentiated so easily.

Small detail

The main reason is the Galaxy player has a 5 INCH SCREEN. the Apple iPod Touch has a 3.5 inch screen. Small numbers, big difference. Personally, I like the bulky look of the Galaxy and how the shape of it is of a 3D rectangle. The shape is similar but not exact to the iPhones. I absolutely love it.

So would you rather, since you want so many free apps, would you rather have a small *** screen or would you have a big screen? 
Surprisingly, though big it is it's light. And even though it doesn't fit your pocket most likely, that's okay. To me it's practically like a tablet. 

The battery life is long lasting, if you're like me who doesn't really charge as I should.. the player could survive for a DAY. YEAH. AND I NEED..MY MUSIKK day AND night!

Extra features the Touch doesn't have:
Oh.And the Galaxy has a SD card slot,  ADOBE FLASH(A MUST for browsing.).


So my opinion? I like the style and the sexyness of the Galaxy. Its not too thin to slip, it's not too fragile to take care of, and its just simply excellent.

I'm planning to get the Galaxy this August 4th, so if you guys have any thing I should be concerned about..Comment below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment