Thursday, August 16, 2012

Web Therapy?

For all those addicted to the Internet, including me. Though I should practice what I preach.

If you are someone who constantly checks their email, even though you sure as hell know that there is no new freaking email, or you're someone who "tweets" a lot, or is constantly everyday of your life are you found on your computer, then.. well. Truth be hold, you're most likely me. A woman with no life, sad and forever alone, an internet addictive. 

You're probably not a woman, though. 

Before I even begin on this "Web Therapy", I just wanted to make you viewers fully aware as to why and how in gods name did I come up with the title.

Why? Because I have the freedom. How? 'Cause ... I'm sexy. And I know it, just kidding.. a little. 

One night as I spending a night over at my childhood friends' house, we were relaxing and watching tv. I scanned across a showing called "Web Therapy." I'm positive if you googled it, you'd most likely fulfill your damn curiosity. However, come on. Its google, they offer you 10 million results. 

Anyway, although I didn't watch this showing I can already tell it was aimed towards the people who are addicted, to the web. Obviously, because it says web.. .... Unless, it was somethin' to do with some kinda spider web buuut... I'm sure its not that.. maaybe.

So I'm going to start with the pros of the Interwebz. 
First is first, you meet tons and a shit load of people who are amazing. It happens where you least expected it. 
Some, are rude.
Some, are kind.
Some, are fiesty. But this is a bit obvious. 

Sometimes you might even just make an attachment with them, like I said it happens where you least expected it. Or.. you might have.  Anyway, the internet is the center of communication.. just like the World Trade Center. 

Another pros is that its easier to communicate, its easy to plan events, or anything you can think of.

But what is it about the Internet that makes us go insane? At a first glance, one would say they just like tweeting their thoughts. Another would say that its basically their form of life, the way they function in their everyday lives(Not really healthy ladies and gentleman.). But whats behind the scenes, everyone? 

Romance, friendship, all of this can tumble down from the Internet. Just simply text on a screen? Maybe so, maybe they might not even have a meaning to it at all.. but.. anyone can be offended anytime at the unexpected times. Anything can break within just a few minutes of typing, its a little odd right? It can all vary. And that's what makes us go insane, because of the attachments we make, and especially the amount of time we stay online. If you date someone online, then you'd understand what I mean.(Not dating anyone, just been there and done that.) It drives you insane right? Waiting for that person, though knowing that they won't stay as long as you did? 

When you don't think about it it seems like any other day, in real life but in pixels and texts. Its not healthy, but even though their are hundreds who do what I've stated above, it just so happens.

But when you go through these hardships over online, its exhausting and tiring. Especially depressing. Even though its the internet, there's still real people. (unless you are a robot, no wonder they make us do those fucking codes.) Why do we let them get to us? Just simple text? 

Its just like real life my friends, even though there is a major gap between the two worlds they have so many similarities. The one thing you need to remember to differentiate the two, is that one is real and the other are words. 

Words sometimes don't mean anything, one world can't let you express and convey your thoughts as you could in the other.. where actions AND words speak for each other.  People seem to think that love can be found in the internet, you might if you're lucky but for those who just sit there and hope to find love at first sight, you're not gonna find that shit. 

Its' bull crap, and you know it. I know it. I think all of us do, most likely. One person might live in Germany.. or someone across the States, who is the person you've been wanting all throughout your whole life. Sadly, most of the time it doesn't work out.. only because its the internet and its the way of life on here. These are just my opinions, though. (Sorry for the long post btw guys.)

I've been there. I've done that, it just doesn't work for everyone. 

The most important thing I CAN say here is that the Internet is not a way life, it was meant to communicate and it is part of the computer--which is a machine with a purpose to heat up and explode(-_- annoying machines.)  Maybe the internet may change a part of us, but as someone who is addicted to the internet I cans say that it isn't. And there's a vast world for everyone to explore, that's the opportunity for us to find someone we love and care for.  Maybe we might not ahve the possibility or opportunity to go out and venture, 

but as I have said in the cons of finding an attachment, it just happens where you least expect it. So who is to say that it wouldn't go for the same in reality? 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment