Saturday, September 15, 2012

Scary Story Time!

I remember on the day of my birthday in August. 

Well the morning at least. 

The night before I decided I take a break from my online communications and shut off all electronics, and went to sleep. I decided, "the couch will work." and cozied myself up against my fluffy blankets. I was a bit paranoid, as I felt that I wouldn't be safe without the light on. .. So I kept it on, plus I had my dog there. He should sense things in a snap, right?

Maybe I wasn't wrong, maybe I was. Anyway as I lay in the light, my eyes fluttered and I quickly fell asleep. A few hours later, my eyes creaked open and I found myself staring into darkness. "What.." I thought, glancing around in panic. I touched my forehead with my palm, I was sweating immensely. My body lay still as I was trembling under the blankets, which actually felt like was setting my body on fire. I hear a few voices from my brother's room, yet I still lay there in the darkness. 

No lights, no small flashing lights from my monitors or internet connections. I rubbed my eyes, daring to take the blanket off my body as it draped me in heat. My chest began to sweat, I felt my heart rate speeding up. I mumble out my brother's name, very faintly. "M.. Matt.." I whisper out. No answer. So I reached over towards the lamp that was luckily a few inches away from my arm. It wouldn't turn on. I tried once more, turning the nob of the lamp fumbling around on the couch, trying desperately for a light. No luck. I sat back slumping in my couch, covering myself with the blanket. I pushed my long knotted hair back with my fingers, trembling. I realized after a second of panicking that the power is out. I hadn't realized that an hour passed by while I sat there on the couch, petrified. I couldn't breathe, I was suffocating in the heat and sweat. I fanned my face with my hand, taking a deep breath. It wouldn't budge.  I was breathing, but it didn't feel like it. Swallowing yet another dry gulp, then I shuffled over and took my laptop out. I already knew it was low battery, yet I took it out anyways. 

Typing up my password, i glance athe time. 4:30 AM.  The screen light brightens the room up slowly, and I glance around dreading a little. My brother comes out of his room, and we spend an hour waiting for the power to come back. 

I look back at the clock, at the window and notice the sun is beginning to rise. The purplish tint of the sky hides behind my blindfolds. As if it were shy. 

My brother goes into his room, and my laptop shuts down. The room goes back to being creepily dark, sending chills up my spine. I relax back into the couch, knowing that I am safe with my brother a room away from me. I close my eyes, thinking of positive thoughts. It failed completely. 


My eyes dreadfully open up again, and I stare at the blindfolds on my windows. I take a deep breath, smiling for a second feeling confident and secure. Then I saw a small faint shadow pass by behind the window blindfolds, so slowly. It had faded away, and it hadn't even reached my the end of my window. It wasn't even a flash. The shadow seemed to be tall, yet it didn't have a complete body  as the head seemed a bit .. unique. No footsteps. 
I stared at the window for as long as I could remember, sweating every second.



((Did I tell you that it's Saturday night nearly 2am, and I wanted to spook you guys? No? Yeah. Well its nearly Halloween, I'm sure I'll come up with a better story. 


P.S I did see this with my own eyes on August 3rd, 5am.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment